My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

An Early Birthday Present  

Jay's birthday is May 28, so yesterday, I treated him (and myself) to an early birthday present. We went to see Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. It is a very "busy" movie; I had to pay pretty close attention to keep from getting lost at first. The photography took my breath away more than once. I was not overly impressed with Hayden Christianson's portrayal of Anakin much of the time, because he seemed to be straining somehow; his emotional and psychological struggle seemed hollow. During the fight scene between Anakin and Obi Wan, Ewan McGregor was far more genuine in expressing his love for Anakin.

Speaking of that fight, the whole time they were surrounded by the fires, I kept thinking of Gehenna. Still, the movie does, for me, explain how the sweet little boy Anakin was grew up to be Big, Bad and Ugly Darth Vader. I would have liked to hear more about Obi Wan and Qui-Gon, per the training that Yoda assigned Obi Wan at the end of the film.

I did find what I think is a blooper. In Return of the Jedi, Leya asked Luke if he remembered their mother. Since Padawan died in childbirth or shortly after giving birth, how could either of them remember her?

Jay said he wished Lucas had flashed forward a bit, closer to the time of the original (1977) Star Wars film, but to me it was not a big deal. Also, one wonders about Jar Jar Binks. Did he return to his homeworld? One can hope.

~~ -- ~~ * ~~ -- ~~

We had take out barbecue for supper, and I woke up not feeling too great today...par for the course, but it's not happening as often as it used to. During dinner, we were watching television, and there was a commericial for this. Shame on you, Wendy's! No wonder many Americans struggle with their weight. I couldn't even hold that sandwich, much less eat it all. THere's enough for at least two meals, for me. What I find really ironic is that the Wendy's site actually has a nutrition guide so you can mix and match your food choices to get the most nutrition from them. Excuse me? This is fast food, remember? I can hear my arteries hardening... Besides, I think homemande hamburgers are the best. At least I don't need a forklift to lift them with.

0 comments: to “ An Early Birthday Present

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud