My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

Another Handy Personal Page for Babbling  

Just a couple of days ago, I posted about Babble, an online word game that is fun and a real challenge to play. Today, I decided to collect the links for all of the resources provided on Babbler's Anonymous, the message board and resource center for the game, and put them all in one easy to access location. I downloaded a fresh, new template from OSWD and in just a couple of minutes I was ready to create the page I needed for the links and resources. I wrote a quick introduction for the game, then copied the game's rules from the game's website into the body section of the page, and a section by section analysis of the Stats Page on Babbler's Anonymous. I also included a section for my own tips for game play that I will develop as I play more. I placed the links for the Babble home page, Babbler's Anonymous, the Stats page for each day's puzzle, the Contact link for the game's developer, a link to the Chat log and one for the DevLog into the menu section at the top of the page. In the sidebar, I placed the links to the various help tools I found in the Toolbox of Babbler's Anonymous in one section, links to quotation sites in a different section, and links to my player profile and the log in page in a third section.

Then (and this step is completely optional) I created a new Firefox profile specifically for Babble. I set the new page I created to open in the profile as my homepage, which leaves plenty of room to open the resources links as needed in their own tabs. I can load both my original (all-purpose) personal page and the new Babble Page I just created in their own respective tabs in Firefox, in any profile I care to use, so the Babble-only profile is not a necessity, but more of an experiment. Now, everything I need to have a completely wonderful time playing this great word game online is readily available and, as usual, easy to access and edit as needed. This also saves time because I don't have to constantly be trying to access deeply nested pages; they are linked to directly on the new personal page.

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud