My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

A Bright Shiny New Year  

Happy New Year! I have a strong feeling of promise this year; perhaps more than I've felt in a long time. There is an important personal milestone on the way for someone I care about. It will be very interesting to watch developments. I don't make New Year's resolutions per se; I simply try to make the most of every day. To me, that seems a far more attainable goal than making resolutions for an entire year only to have them broken within a few days or weeks.

We spent a quiet night at home, and I was not awake at midnight, but I did get up shortly after for a little while before going back to sleep. Dylan will be two in just a few weeks, and his growth and development is exciting to watch and help with. Lauren and Keith are settled into their new home and are both working hard. Adam is also well; he may be starting a new job soon. Jay is doing temp work for now, and I of course still have my job. My loved ones are all healthy and happy, and it is a blessing.

I'm making my usual black-eyed peas; it's one New Year's tradition I borrowed from my grandmother; my Aunt Doris says she doesn't care for them, but I do like them, and it can't hurt. Champagne is chilled for later, so it will be a good day here.

0 comments: to “ A Bright Shiny New Year

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud