My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

Yes, Virginia, Life Exists After Reformatting  

For some time, I've been trying to build up the courage/energy to reformat my hard drive. If you've ever done this, you know it is not a task to be undertaken lightly or when there is not much time. It generally takes me two days to get everything restored since I don't yet have disk imaging software. (I wish!) So yesterday, I decided to take the plunge. Everything was going well, and I was re-installing my software, when I suddenly realized...there was no sound. The sound had been working perfectly, and I hadn't opened the case. I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I decided to try reformatting yet again...of course, the same issue arose. I needed to copy a driver and I finally did figure that out and I found it on one of my other drives. By this time, it was about 6 AM this morning. I had been up just about 24 hours. I was frantic to get the computer back to some semblance of usability, since I do have to use it tomrrrow for work.

Anyway, I did finally get it sorted. I don't yet have everything the way I want it, but I can work on it now in odd moments. I'm determined this time to maintain better organization, and I'm determined not to just re-install everything I had before. To do that defeats the purpose of the reformat. I'm going to reformat at least twice per year; the last time I did was last November.

I need to work on my profiles for Firefox, along with about two dozen other tasks I can't think of currently. So, yes, Virginia, there is life after the dark side of a reformat.

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud