My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

Rita is on her way  

...and this is one guest I don't want to see; Katrina was bad; Rita looks as bad or worse as she is already a Category 5 storm. Our family will be okay I think (although we expect some rain, flash flooding that is not unusual for the area) and some high wind.) I just spoke to Barbara, a good friend who lives in Corpus Christi with her sons and her mother and other family members. Barbara and company are leaving tomorrow morning early for Dallas; I told her if they need to stop and rest, they can do so here. I really feel badly for all of the Louisiana evacuees who came to Texas because of Katrina; some of them are being forced to move yet again because of Rita's threat.

Because of the impact of Katrina, Texas was declared a disaster area because so many of our resources have been needed to care for Louisiana evacuees. I am asking God to help us all through the next few days.

I was a child in 1961, when Hurrican Carla smashed into the gulf coast like an unwelcome houseguest and decided to stay a few days. Even in our area, we had heavy rains and high winds then; I still remember being scared half to death, and I haven't liked storms since.

0 comments: to “ Rita is on her way

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud