My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

getting organized  

This summer, I decided to get better organized. I got tired of not being able to find my manuals and user guides for our appliances, few though they were. I got a few supplies together:

-- a large looseleaf binder
-- page protector sheets
-- a zippered pouch for pens and small items
-- dividers for the binder
-- lined paper for extra notes

Then I set to work. I gathered all of our aforementioned manuals and user guides and tucked each of them into sheet protectors. Now if I need to refer to one, I know just where to find it.

I also included some organizer forms:

-- for meal planning, menus, and shopping lists
-- for phone numbers and addresses
-- for the vet records for the cats
-- and more.

This notebook is so easy to use and keep updated. No more missing instructions for appliances, and it can be customized in any way needed. It was handy even before we bought the house, and now it is indispensable.

We have a master list set up on a legal pad, with sections for each room in the house, plus sections for the yards and the garage. We have made lists of items we plan to get for each room, and we will check them off as they are obtained.

I've also set up files for our mortgage, taxes and insurance information, and for bills needing to be paid, as well as for receipts. Should be helpful at tax time.

0 comments: to “ getting organized

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud