My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

Hawaii Comes to Texas....In A Carton  

I finally received my last birthday gift from my in-laws. It was mailed well before my birthday but didn't arrive until yesterday. It contained some things for me, some things for Jay, and some to share.

Jay's dad is in the Reserves, and was in Hawaii in January for some training. He got the items there. The package contained (per an enclosed note from my mother-in-law):

a Kukui nut lei (small white shells and black lacquered Kukui nuts); a cowrie shell lei (small white shells of various shapes) for me; pineapple-orange hard candies and some preserved plums (with pits inside) to share; a small shell lei and a T shirt for Jay; a military patch and guidebook for the military in the islands for him as well; a DVD of photos; and a newspaper from Honolulu.

I've wanted to go to Hawaii since I saw "Pearl Harbor." Now, I want to go more than ever. I've never owned a lei before, and these shell leis are gorgeous, plus they will not wilt or die. Jay says his family never used to do things like this for his ex on her birthday, and they've always done thoughtful things for me that they never did for the ex. My mother- and sister-in-law even called long distance on my birthday to sing Happy Birthday. It's a wonderful family to be part of.

She's one step closer... I got a call yesterday from my daughter Lauren. She arrived at the halfway house safely on Tuesday afternoon, and she says she will likely have to be there three months. She's fine, if a little frustrated with the pay phone (she has a prepaid phone card, and is alllowed 10 minutes on the phone.)

It is so good to be able to hear her voice. She was happy when I told her we are going to delay having Dylan's birthday party until she can attend. I will see her on Saturday, and we will be able to spend two hours visiting.

I'm going to encourage her to take full advantage of all the assistance the staff there can offer her.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
The difficult I do immediately. The impossible takes until after lunch...

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud