My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

It's been a fun couple of days....NOT!  

On Tuesday, Jay went to run some errands and I was preparing to log in to work, when my wireless phone went dead. No problem; charge the battery by dropping the phone into its base. The phone in the living room was working, so I figured I was okay. I was wrong. I loaded my Start Page into my browser, and discovered I could not connect to any website. The modem lights were flashing green; it needed to be reset. I stood up to try to find out if there as a reset button on the modem itself (there isn't, more's the pity), and promptly lost my balance. I wasn't hurt by the fall because I learned to fall before I learned to walk. I maanaged to unplug the computer from the wall outlet, then could not plug it in again, try as I might.

Finally, I just gave up. Next task: how to get off the floor. That proved much more difficult. I spent about two hours on the floor before I finally managed to get up. Since the phone is on a cable modem, it was still out, so I had no means to call anyone for help, and could not call work.

Shortly after I was able to get up, Jay came home and plugged the computer in and all was well as far as the phone/computer/modem was concerned. I called my supervisor, in tears, and explained what had happened. I was in no shape to work. I was sore and bruised, with carpet burns just to add insult to injury.

Yesterday, I was still extremely sore; it hurt to take a deep breath and it hurt to cough, let alone move. Today, I'm somewhat less sore, but it's still noticeable. *Sigh*.

My son sent me an IM this morining (no big deal, he does that a lot) to ask me what I knew about his grandmother (my ex-mother-in-law). Answer: Nothing. I asked him to call me. Turns out, she is in the hospital with dehydration and a kidney stone. Her husband had been trying to care for her at home, but she did not improve, so he took her to the doctor and the doctor admitted her to the hospital.

On a happier note: Jay's Dad is home safely from Afghanistan, thank God. He arrived home late yesterday.

Filed in:

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud