My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

Blogging...about a Blog and a baby  

It's official. Work on my Firefox blog is underway. Rather than having a mishmash of tips and all sorts of information with no real design behind it as was true with my first effort, I decided to do what I did in college when I was faced with any major assignment: Make a plan, an outline. That single decision has already begun to bear fruit. I opened my trusty NoteTab Pro, and made a list. Just a list of what I wanted to include in the sidebars, and in what order the items would appear. I put the list away when I had finished that piece. I took it out again later, and decided as long as I now had my sidebar planned, I could just code a few of the links in. Then I listed my favorite extensions. Ooops. Wouldn't you know, the list of extensions became longer...and longer. To help keep things cleaner and save space in the sidebar, I decided I needed to detour to find a way to make a drop down menu for the list. I was able to do that on my own, much to my surprise, thanks to this site that helped me by autogenerating the code. I also listed topics I want to explore. It's going to be a treat to work on this project. Just as I found it to be true in college that with a thorough outline, a major paper almost wrote itself, so will the lists I have made help me with this new Firefox project.

All of this was on my to do list for this weekend, with a few other items I didn't get to, but they will carry over to next weekend or whenever I have the time and energy to tackle them.

One reason I didn't get as much done as I'd planned is that Dylan came to spend the night. Lauren had to go to work, and his usual caregiver had an emergency and needed to be at a hosopital. Dylan just never seems to stop moving; he makes me tired just watching him. He's learned to climb on chairs...and he's also learned to push chairs around to get to places that are higher than he can reach...so we have to watch him closely so that he doesn't fall and get hurt. becaise this baby a0 is completely fearless, and b) he doesn't know his own strength. Jay's begun calling him Bamm-Bamm! Little dynamo nearly broke my nose. I was holding him, and he acted like he wanted to kiss my cheek, then he butted his head straight into the bridge of my nose, twice in rapid succession. I saw stars, and he didn't even have a pink mark on his head. A few minutess later, he very carefully pushed a dining room chair with tubular steel legs) toward me, hitting my left leg just below the knee hard enough to leave a bruise. I may not survive his toddlerhood. He is such a sweetheart...but I've already decided that next weekend, barring some kind of disaster, I'm going to let his mother play with him for a while. Than I can pass out in peace. (Don't mind me; I got up way to early this morning and I'm grumpy.)

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud