My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

June?!  

Yikes! How did it get to be June?! Today is the anniversary of the day I graduated from high school. No, I won't tell which anniversary it is.

I've been up to my ears in alligators just lately. I got my new "wheels" a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for some of the peripherals (pins to attach the manual wheels with, and my lap tray) to arrive. I did finally get "my" cushion, which is a lot better than the loaned one I had for a little more than a week. The footrests may need to be changed; the jury is still out on that point. This chair is called a "Quickie", and it is truly a huge improvement over the old one. The interesting thing about the new chair is that it actually does have two sets of wheels. One set is plain vanilla manual and the other set is actually powered by a battery. So, I have the best of both worlds: the chair can be folded for travel in the trunk of my car, and it is much easier to push, especially indoors on carpet. The back support is rigid, which is good for my arthritis. There is a single handbrake to lock both wheels, and the chair will not move with the brake locked, unlike my old one (I could still drag it, locked or not.) The armrests (which I need both for support and because I don't like feeling as though I'm falling) are fully adjustable to different height levels. All of the features of this chair were chosen with my specific needs in mind...the first time I've ever had a custom made chair! I even got to choose the color of the frame, so I chose royal blue. One interesting thing I noted when I was reading the manual to learn how the wheels are removed for storage in the trunk is that every single page of the manual has WARNINGS. I've certainly heard of liability, but my goodness, it does seem a bit excessive to have warnings after every paragraph in the manual.

Jay told me the other day I should be in high style; he was referring not only to the new chair but to the new mask I have for my CPAP. The new mask is a different design and its better, with no leaks to set off the alarm in the middle of the night. It's easier to put on, because it has clips instead of simply using Velcro.

Jay's temp job has ended, so he's looking for another job currently. He has reached one major milestone in paying off an expense that needed to be completely paid off by July; he did it two months early. His birthday was quiet, but he seemed to enjoy it, and he did get a new digital camera.

I'm seriously considering changing the template for my personal home pages, to completely reorganise things. I've had the current one for almost a year, so it's a good time to make a change.

I am still working on Dragon Naturally Speaking; it is a bear to configure, especially since I do want to use it for work. I just haven't had the time and/or patience to really study the manual yet.

Speaking of work, the office will be moving this summer. I can't wait. The new site will be much more spacious, in a newer building with only one level (not to mention more restrooms).

Current reading: The Da Vinci Code. I actually got the book for Christmas, and hadn't had time for it until now.

I wanted to do some cooking this weekend, but I don't know if I will or not. I was sick as a dog yesterday, with a virus, and the mere thought of food was not pleasant. I did finally feel better by last night, so cooking is still on the agenda as a maybe.

0 comments: to “ June?!

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud