My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

A Day I Never Thought I'd See  

Newlyweds
On Friday afternoon, January 27, I had the joy of attending my daughter's wedding. She and Dylan's father finally are husband and wife, and I couldn't be more pleased. The ceremony was small, with just a few family members present, but it was completely lovely. Lauren chose a simple but beautiful dress and veil, and a professional photographer friend offered his services gratis, which is what prompted a change in their plans. Originally, she and Keith were planning only to have themselves and her paternal grandparents present and have a reception for the rest of their friends and family later.

I did much better than I expected to; I got a little misty eyed, but didn't make a complete mess of my makeup crying. I thought I'd probably be a basket case because I'm usually really weepy at times like this.

Lauren and Keith have been through a lot, and they've made some big and important changes in their lives. It is such a joy that now they truly have a committed relationship in which to nurture Dylan. I am proud of both of them, and I will enjoy being a mother-in-law.

After the ceremony, we shared a light dinner (baked ham, sweet peas with pearl onions, green salad, rolls, wild rice, and of course wedding cake.) Then we brought Dylan home to spend the night so his parents could celebrate. He was adorable, dressed in black dress pants and black dress shoes, white dress shirt and black vest. The minute we got into the car, off came the shoes and socks. He didn't go to sleep until after midnight, and was awake most of the day yesterday before he finally took a two hour nap. He is at the point that he picks up words like a sponge soaks up water. He has learned the girls' names, and he is so cute when he calls them.

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud