My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

A Quote and Another Weekend's projects  


Quote:
I came across an interesting quote yesterday, in an old copy of Reader’s Digest: “In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage.”  Many people could take a lesson from these simple statements; most find it simply too easy to walk away from a relationship, sometimes at the first signs of discord.  My husband and I have been together since 1996 and married since 1998. We try to remember what brought us together in the first place when times get tough.  We have been able to meet all sorts of challenges, large and not so large, by standing shoulder-to-shoulder and working together; we negotiate well most of the time, and we know how to laugh at ourselves, which has saved our bacon more than once.  So, we do look for “grounds for marriage”.  It has been my experience that I generally do find what I’m looking for, as I believe most people do. You get what you expect, because you behave accordingly.

A Dylan note: I have posted here previously, and in Angelsong's Gems about The Pickle Jar. Now, Dylan has an "official" pickle jar, vinegar-aroma and all! We have been saving loose change for him in three baby food jars and a small honey jar, because it's easier to count and roll the change if it's pre-sorted. The baby food jars hold, respectively, pennies, nickels and dimes; the honey jar holds quarters. Rather than discard the smaller jars, I just put the individual jars inside the pickle jar, which itself is industrial sized.


Insomnia, Blog and Computer Matters:
My new profile is now open and active, and I’m content with the move from the former profile; I’ve swept out some of the trash that had accumulated in the old one, and the process of moving was actually simple. I’ve blogged about that in Firefox Index

I’ve finally finished the post about last week’s trip to the circus with Dylan.
I’ve added a couple of new links and two new sections  (one inside Favorite Links, and one stand-alone section) to the sidebar here.  I’ve cleared out all of my old bookmarks that are stored online, and I’ve updated them with a fresh new file. No more excess baggage there.  I’ve read, sorted and deleted e-mail, and I’ve gone through my usual routine of website visits.  

Most of this activity took place between 2:30 AM and 7 AM this morning. (I had insomnia, plus I do like to work when everything is quiet, although Duchess is clamoring for a date because she has decided –again—that she wants to be a mommy. We never seem to have the money to get the girls spayed when they are not in heat.) Then, I took a short nap. It remains to be seen if I’ll get to any of the tasks currently on my to do list; I’m not feeling terribly ambitious at the moment. Still, it makes me feel good to know that the to-do list is handy.

More and more, my blog is becoming a centralized starting location for most everything I read, do, and routinely use on the Internet.   I like spending time here; I hope you do also. I welcome your comments any time; I reserve the right to differ with you if I need to, but I will respect your right to reasonable (i.e., no flaming) expression.

Re-reading the above paragraph has inspired me to actually work on one of my to do projects, so I’m going to create my own start page.  This should be diverting! If you start hearing screaming, send the Marines…



Filed in:

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud