My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://adiml.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Video! Courtesy of YouTube

Blogger For Word offers new posting option  

I just found the Blogger For Word add-on .  After reading and accepting the Terms and Conditions, downloading the add-on took seconds, and installing was a snap.  When I open Word, there is a new toolbar for Blogger  that allows me to write new posts, view all of my posts, save drafts of posts, and publish posts.  I can even save my login information in a Blogger Settings button on the toolbar, and preview html before posting to ensure accuracy.  I had saved a draft of a post on the edit posts screen, and just opened that post and copied it below, within the same Word document I’m using to compose this post. Impressive. Plus, I can easily save backup copies of my posts. I’ve already created a folder just for backups on my desktop.  No more data loss!!!  I can use Word’s Autocorrect and spellchecker.  Put another way:  The power of Word has just met Blogger.  The only capabilities missing now are an automatic way to add tags, but that can be done easily with a quick edit on the Blogger compose window, so it’s not a big deal, and it would be helpful to have a date/time field available on the toolbar as well.

It occurs to me that if Blogger keeps improving and adding new features, leaving it for a new platform is going to be difficult to justify.  On that note, I recently completed the Blogger Survey (accessible on the Dashboard page below the postings list.  It will be interesting to see what happens as a result of the survey.  One can hope the survey signals a commitment by Google to be responsive to Blogger users and to devote more attention to Blogger.  I do think the Blogger for Word add-on is a definite step in the right direction; this post has been written using the add-on, so it’s a test.  Here is the draft I had saved previously on Blogger:

I've been setting goals for my blog consistently since I began learning to edit the template. To date, all of the goals have been met:  I've implemented categories, I tag all my posts, I've used a script to compact the headings in the sidebars, and I have placed a basic To-Do List in the sidebar.  I like having everything available for easy access.    


Filed in:

Click a Song Title to Listen

Label Cloud